The theme for 2017 is ‘Mental Health in the Workplace’.
Poor mental health is one of the biggest issues in the workplace today causing over 70 million working days to be lost each year.
• 9 out of 10 people with mental health problems experience stigma and discrimination.
• One in 5 people take a day off work due to stress. • A quarter of people considering resigning due to stress.
• 56% of UK adults said they would not employ someone with depression, even if they were the best candidate
for the job.
• 67% of employees feel scared, embarrassed or unable to talk about mental health concerns with their employer.
• 37% of men are feeling worried or low, yet their wives, partners and friends may have no idea.
Worrying statistics, yet there is so much we can do.